Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I made my first stamp yay!



Twenty years ago when my nephew was born I made this cut out in blue background matted and framed it for his room. So one recent hot day I printed out a smaller version and printed it onto those great rubber squares from dickblick.com. I then carved it out and had my very own stamp. I have since done a few more,one is a coffee cup with steam rising. Oh the things you finally get to in life. So much easier then carving wood blocks or linocuts.
HI MOLLY! Thanks for stopping by. Hope work and summer and your trip coming up relieve some stress for you. I am thinking of you kids so so much lately! More nana stories soon I promise. (HUGS auntjoy)

8 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog! Wow... this stamp is really pretty - I have yet to try and make one. You did such a nice job. Great blog!

Take care,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Turned out great Joy!

The Artful Eye said...

I love carving my own stamps. This one turned out great. I remember doing lino cuts early college days and it was difficult.

Artists With Artitude said...

Wow! Thanks for this post! I always loved doing linoleum carvings wayyyy back when and now you've inspired me!!! Merci :)

Pink Elephant Soapery said...

Holy cow Joy! This is fantastic!

Unknown said...

It is gorgeous :-D

Gypsy said...

GREAT stamp! How fun!

Catharina Maria said...

great work , love the stamp !
Rini - the netherlands