Friday, August 10, 2007

YAY I sold another piece of art!


The piece of art I had at the "Circle Gallery" in Annapolis sold to David in Connecticut. He bought one of my all time favorites. This was the first show I put the piece in. I had a feeling it would sell. I develop an attachment to some of my art. It could never be duplicated,as most art is a moment in time.

The picture above is my friend Janet Mishners collage. I love the detail of this girl. Janet is amazing with collage. This piece could draw me in often. I love it!

I am currently working on some pieces for Jenny Doh. She seems interested in what I sent her. They are follow ups to Michelle Wards spray painted art in Somerset Studio's wonderful magazine. Too hot to be outside spraying for long.

7 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

I once took a pottery class,and the teacher had us create a pot or dish we really loved, then paint it,and believe it or not to pass the test and move on to the next level we were required to "SMASH" it on the floor! But it was to learn to let go of a piece! Congrats to you!
www.sandraevertson.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Big congrats on selling your work. Must feel so good! Enjoying your blog.

Anonymous said...

Joy, this is an absolutely remarkable piece!! I LOVE it! I can certainly see why it sold. Congratulations on the sale!!

Is this painted, collaged, digital...?? Would love to hear what medium you used.

Paula said...

Joy ...the portrait of you friend is just amazing ...congratulations .... and best of luck with Somerset ...

paula dion

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

hi joy, thank you for visiting my blog and the comments you left for me. I really appreciate it!

congrats on your sale!

Rima said...

Stunning and moving - beautiful like a Modigliani (one of my favourite painters since childhood). More, more, more...

Aaah, I have to stop exploring your site and get back to work!

Bobbie said...

I love this work and think the buyer was very fortunate to get it! Say goodbye as you count the cash :)