Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The perpetual worrier,me.


Last Sunday doodling in my altered book on the sunporch,I was also weeding out magazines. I am someone who gets these "ominous feelings" at times,that I jst can't shake. This photo popped out since I knew that feeling well. I am often told that I can always find something to worry about in the world. So I created this page to capture how I was feeling that moment. It was only a couple days later when my son called with the horrible news about his friend Zach dying in a car accident. My son has known Zach for a very long time. The rest of the week my son came down to stay and we waited for the funeral plans together. I showed him this page,I often don't show pages from my journals. There was a very large and sad funeral that Friday. My son had a chance to see many old friends from his past,on that unfortunate occasion.

5 comments:

notmassproduced said...

wishing you lots of peace of mind XX

GalleryJuana said...

Sorry to hear about your son's friend.

Unknown said...

AJ--

Nice to see a photo of Zach. What a loss.

It's so nice to read your blog, all the way over here across the Atlantic. Makes me feel at home.

See you soon.
M

mcdc3s said...

I can so relate to this post and your art journal entry.

Sorta like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Joy,

Great hugs to you!! I have days like that and am so glad when they pass.

I am so sorry that you were having a hard time and then had a VERY good reason.

I am glad you had time with your son!

Thanks for entering and my give-away is still going.

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
http://Dianeclancy.com/blog/2008/07/post-500-a-give-away/