Sunday, February 3, 2008

Babies having babies!


Hope you can see the lovebirds in this picture,click on the photo to enlarge a bit. My babies are having babies! I was cleaning this morning and took a quick glance into the nesting box (with one see thru side to it) and OMG I saw 3 tiny eggs! Now these birdies had been making alot of love but it's been awhile since she came out of the nest. I have noticed he has been eating alot then going in, I guess to feed her. So "John and Yoko" it appears are male and female like I was hoping. Now John will have his little band. Since they are 3 eggs I guess their names are Paul,George and Ringo? I have been telling everyone I am going to be a grandmother! What an easy way to be one,lol. I am so excited!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joy. Thank you for posting on my blog! I've subscribed to your blog and look forward to reading more.

I LOVE birds! I'm an avid birdwatcher and I remember seeing these very strange birds at a nature area in Phoenix this past fall. Turns out they were peach-faced lovebirds!

Artists With Artitude said...

Joy, you crack me up(no pun intended)!!! Will you let them roam around your house???

Joy Logan said...

Oh no Neda the doggie is very jealous of them!

Kris Cahill said...

Hi Joy,
Thanks for the comment and visit. I'll link you too. I have been to your blog before to visit, and I enjoy your work. One in particular, your post from January 7, the black and white image with the funnel of words coming down into your head. I love that, great image.

And congratulations on your new grandmotherhood. Cute birds!!

Rima said...

it's kind of hard to see when you don't know what you're looking for! but I will definitely take your word for it! so congrats on your impending grannyhood and I think the names are just brilliant! will you show us pics? do we go smoke a cigar or get drunk?

Joy Logan said...

Both Rima HI kiddo!

Bobbie said...

Awe, they look so cute, him guarding the nest and her sitting pretty. You will make a good grandmother, already the parents are very comfy at your house.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Joy,

Congrats on being a grandmother!! Fun story - thank you!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

Linda O'Neill said...

Sweet little birdies! Three little Valentines are coming your way.:)