Sunday, April 13, 2008

I really miss my old printmaking classes



I had a wonderful time yesterday visiting my sister and niece and mostly my son. It's been a year since I saw him and he looks healthy and buff. Paul will be 40 this June so I gave him an early present of my Ipod filled with old music memories I know he will enjoy. We always loved the same music. He in turn gave me a cd of his latest fav which it turned out I already liked. Maybe we can see eachother more often now that he is living closer to me. I sure need that since he always could make me laugh and cheer me up. I LOVE YOU PAUL!

I did this print in classes oh so long ago. It's where my heart was then. I love the inks and textures you can get from printmaking. Reminder to self take more classes in that art field. I was overwhelmed there was so much to learn. So many techniques and inks. I can't even decipher my notebokk,lol. I still carve the easy to use rubber blocks and make prints in journal pages. But if you have never tried printmaking it's worth while.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with everyone.

I haven't done printmaking other than carving the linoleum tiles in high school! I still remember the smell of those blocks.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks for your visit and nice comments on my blog, Joy. It's always nice to hear from new people and fellow artists. I really enjoyed looking through your art images here. I'll be visiting again.